I will soon be looking for outstanding candidates interested in joining the team to work on my ERC Consolidator grant as well as on a newly awarded EPSRC project on the use of data science for the detection of emerging music styles. Please contact me if you are interested in joining the team as a PhD student or postdoc, or if you would like to visit my group.
In case you're wondering: my first name ('Tijl') is pronounced ok as 'tell', and my last name ('De Bie' -- 'De' is not a middle name) as 'the bee'... (which is what it means!)
Good, now we can talk :-)
My interests are centred around data science in the broad sense and its applications. Some of the areas I'm particularly interested in are: music information retrieval, bioinformatics, web and text mining, and media analysis. My theoretical focus is currently on subjective interestingness in data mining.
Research team members
- Dr. Jefrey Lijffijt will soon be joining the team!
- Dr. Matt McVicar will soon be re-joining the team!
- Now recruiting outstanding candidates with an interest in data mining and/or music information retrieval. Please contact me.
Former research team members
- Andrew Pickin (now at StilGiyin)
- Akis Kontonasios (now at Accenture-Analytics)
- Eirini Spyropoulou (now at Toshiba Research Labs)
- Matt McVicar (now at National Institute of Informatics, Japan)
- Nick Fyson (now at Imperial College London)
- Omar Ali (now with Palantir Technologies)
- Tristan Snowsill (now at the Peninsula Technology Assessment Group (PenTAG) in Exeter)
- Raul Santos-Rodriguez (now at University of Valencia)
- Ni Yizhao (now at the Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center)
Contact me if you would like to join us!