In case you're wondering: my first name ('Tijl') is pronounced ok as 'tell', and my last name ('De Bie' -- 'De' is not a middle name) as 'the bee'... (which is what it means!)
Good, now we can talk :-)
My interests are centred around data science in the broad sense and its applications. Some of the areas I'm particularly interested in are: music information retrieval, bioinformatics, web and text mining, and media analysis. My theoretical focus is currently on subjective interestingness in data mining.
Research team members
- Dr. Jefrey Lijffijt
- Dr. Matt McVicar
- Dr. Cédric Mesnage
- Dr. Eirini Spyropoulou
- Now recruiting an outstanding PhD candidate. Please contact me.
Former research team members
- Andrew Pickin (now at StilGiyin)
- Akis Kontonasios (now at Accenture-Analytics)
- Eirini Spyropoulou (after some time at Toshiba Research Labs, back in Bristol!)
- Matt McVicar (back in Bristol!)
- Nick Fyson (now at Imperial College London)
- Omar Ali (now with Palantir Technologies)
- Tristan Snowsill (now at the Peninsula Technology Assessment Group (PenTAG) in Exeter)
- Raul Santos-Rodriguez (now at University of Valencia)
- Ni Yizhao (now at the Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center)
Contact me if you would like to join us!