Research projects I am currently working on include:
- Statistical foundations of Data Mining (with Akis Kontonasios, Eirini Spyropoulou, and Tristan Snowsill).
- Machine Learning for Music Information Retrieval (with Matt McVicar, Dr. Ni Yizhao, and Raul Santos Rodriguez).
- Web and Text Mining and Media Analysis (with all members of the Pattern Analysis and Intelligent Systems research group, including Andrew Pickin, Omar Ali, Nick Fyson, and Tristan Snowsill).
- Much of my PhD work and some work after my PhD was on advanced Machine Learning methods, such as semi-supervised learning, data fusion, and structured output prediction.
- Data Mining and Machine Learning applications to Bioinformatics.
- Theory of Pattern Analysis, and the development of a unifying framework for pattern analysis (joint with Nello Cristianini and John Shawe-Taylor).
Besides these research projects, I am also interested in commercial and industrial applications of data mining, statistical data analysis, and machine learning, via academic-industrial collaborations as well as in a consulting role, or by delivering tailored training courses. Please contact me for more information.